Tomorrow, 2012 will be upon us, and I am happy to see how many of you (from blog comments and personal emails) are looking forward to 2012 as a year of continuing recovery all the way to full recovery. That’s the attitude needed to fight Parkinson’s.
So, as we near the end of 2012, think about this today:
What if you decide that instead of living Parkinson’s symptoms, you are going to live your life.
What if you decide that instead of thinking about the Recipe for Recovery, you are going to do the Recipe for Recovery.
What if you decide that instead of living Parkinson’s, you are going to live Parkinson’s recovery.
And, what if you decide today to leave a part of the “old Parkinson’s you” in 2011, so it will no longer be with you as you become the “new recovering you” in 2012.
Let’s do this together. Today repeat:
1. “I have the power to heal myself. I am so much more than Parkinson’s symptoms. I am alive, and I am recovering!”
2. “I have the power to heal myself. Self-doubt about my recovery is ‘so 2011.’ Confidence in myself and my recovery is ‘absolutely 2012!’”
3. “I have the power to heal myself. Each day, I shed some of my Parkinson’s. Each day, I feel the energy of my recovery growing inside me.”
4. “I have the power to heal myself. As I wind down 2011, I say good-bye to anger and frustration and stress and anxiety and worry and fear and FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real). As I begin to see 2012 on the horizon, I feel a surge blossoming inside me filled with happiness and joy and gratitude and love…and RECOVERY!”
5. “I have the power to heal myself. I am leaving in 2011 any and all things that have been holding back my recovery. As I enter 2012, I am doing it with firm and unwavering fortitude. I know I am on my path to recovery, and I am staying on my path until I fully recover! Parkinson’s, get out of the way. I will go around you, climb over you, knock you down, and throw you off of my path. You are all that stands between me and my full recovery, and I do not want you, I do not need you, and I am going to get rid of you and achieve full recovery. Why? Because in my heart and soul I now know that the answer to Howard’s question, ‘Aren’t you worth it?’ is ‘YES!!! I AM WORTH IT!!!'”
Aren’t you worth it? YES!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! I have known this all along. It warms my heart to see that all of you now know it, too.
Happy New Year!
All my best,