I have had a number of people ask me about statistics lately…particularly, “How many people are doing the Recipe?” I do not know the answer to that question. However, I do have statistics that I can share with all of you directly from statistics collected by my website hosting company, directly from people who I am coaching and directly from others who have sent me emails. These statistics will inspire you to press ahead as we continue to grow our recovery community. You will see that you are not alone!
My site collects a lot of data for statistics. The categories I am sharing will be the most meaningful in seeing how much we have grown and how big a force we are becoming. They are Unique Visitors (each month, the first time somebody goes to the site, they are logged as a Unique Visitor for that month). Total Visits (this is the total number of visitors going to the site each month; if you go to the site every day, it will count you as 1 Unique Visitor and it will count you as 31 Total Visits). Pages Viewed. Countries where the site is viewed.
I started my blog in March of 2010, and set up this site and moved my blog over to it at the end of March of 2011. My first full month was April of 2011, so I am going to provide a statistical comparison of my first full month and that same month two years later (April of 2013, which ended yesterday):
Dates Compared Unique Visitors Total Visits Pages Viewed Countries
April 2011 912 3,108 17,274 50
April 2013 4,591 15,025 64,100 99
Please note, as stated above, these statistics are what has been reported to me, so the numbers may be higher.
Number of full recoveries other than me: 2
Number of people seeing benefits from doing the Recipe: Over 200.
Number of people doing the full Recipe as it is every day and not seeing any benefit: 0.
Number of people doing the Recipe who have completely eliminated their medications using a slow and safe reduction method: 16.
Number of people doing the Recipe who are in the middle of reducing their medications using a slow and safe reduction method: Over 50.
Number of people I have had the honor of meeting as they have participated in Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery™ workshops: 123.
These statistics should let you know that every day when you are doing the Recipe, there are many, many others who are doing it with you. It is quite powerful when people get out of their chairs at the workshops and do the Recipe as a group. Bring that power into your home by looking at these statistics and knowing that we are building our strength in numbers.
Our recovery community is growing rapidly, and together we will help each other and encourage each other and accept each other and love each other and be grateful for each other…and, as many of us have learned, we can trust each other and be vulnerable and authentic in our recoveries. If anybody understands you, it most certainly is the rest of us.
You are not alone. You are part of an ever-growing community of recoverers who dare to look Parkinson’s in the eye and say:
1. “I have the power to heal myself. I am so much more than Parkinson’s symptoms. I am alive, and I am recovery! Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance, and I can repair the imbalances and recover. I refuse to allow appearances in my physical symptoms to make me fearful. Fear is a choice. Faith is a choice. I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
2. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. As a result of doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery™, I am bringing my physical body back into balance, I am bringing my mind back into balance, and I am bringing my spirit back into balance. I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
3. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. I say “Okay” as my way of acknowledging acceptance that my Parkinson’s is temporary and that my recovery is real. I say “Okay” as my way of acknowledging acceptance that my fear is actually False Evidence Appearing Real. I say “Okay” as my way of acknowledging acceptance that my faith is real. Okay. Okay. Okay. I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
4. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. I say good-bye to anger and frustration and resentment and stress and anxiety and worry and fear and FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real). In their place, I feel a surge blossoming inside me filled with happiness and joy and gratitude and compassion and love…and FULL RECOVERY! I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
5. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. The tortoise is recovery. I am the tortoise. I view recovery as each small advance toward the symptom-free full recovery at the finish line. Just like the tortoise, I move slowly and steadily, and I realize that I cannot worry too much about the bumps in the road. Instead, I know that every step I take toward the finish line is recovery, in and of itself, and I settle in and enjoy the journey. In each step, I see love and joy and laughter and gratitude and fulfillment and compassion and contentment. Oh, yes, and then the tortoise wins the race. Oh, yes, and then I win the race and achieve my full recovery. Fear is is the hare, always afraid of what lies ahead, always changing plans and leaving the path, never reaching the finish line. Faith is absolutely the tortoise, ever so slow and steady, never wavering, knowing that staying on the path through thick and thin means absolutely reaching the finish line! I choose Faith. I am the tortoise. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
Recently, Margriet sent me an email and said the next time I mentioned the tortoise would I post a picture and share with all of your these words: “Keep up the Faith! Don’t hurry, be happy.” Of course I told her, “Okay!” Here it is:
“I have the power to heal myself.” I did.
“You have the power to heal yourself.” Marie did. Pratima did. You are.
“Together we have the power to heal the world.” The statistics presented in this post leave no doubt about that!
Grab onto the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery™ with full faith and confidence in your recovery and do not let go until you reach your symptom-free full recovery!
YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
All my best,
NOTE: My next workshop is June 1, 2013 in Tucson, Arizona. Click here for details and registration.
excellent statistics howard.
you are doing a wonderful job and thanks for repeating the 5 points.
love from all
I love the turtle.
Howard, It is moving to see the statistics on how many people are being exposed to the good news of the Recipe for Recovery. Usually I don’t find statistics to be “beautiful” but 4591 unique visitors in one month!!! WOW, that takes my breath away.
How fabulous! Congratulations on turning your personal journey to recovery into a resource that is changing so many lives. 16 people are completely off the medications! 50 more are on that path. Yes!! You are a gift to us all. I am grateful to be part of the group that has recovered fully and am Cheering on all the other tortoises as they make their way towards the finish line.
Thank you, Howard, thank you! love, Marie
WOW…Awesome statistics. I am so grateful that you answered your Soul’s call from God by bringing the Recipe for Recovery to the world. With 99 countries represented, surely there is someone doing the Recipe for Recovery at all times. Love around the world!!! At the beginning of each step in the Recipe I say, “I have the power to heal myself .” It helps me to call my attention forward and tune into my body.
With heartfelt Love and Joy,
Thank you, thank you…..Marianne
just found the website a few days ago…..so encouraging!….love the statistics!….
i feel like i’m part of an army….i have so much hope, not feeling like i am helpless and just watch my body deteriorate…..howard, your teachings resonate with me, like i kinda was already thinking that but never heard anyone articulate it….i’m thanking God for his leading me to your website…..thanx….