Tomorrow, 2022 will be upon us, and I am happy to see how many of you have communicated to me how much you are looking forward to 2022 as a year of continuing recovery all the way to being cured of Parkinson’s. How good will it feel when you say, “I used to have Parkinson’s” or “When I had Parkinson’s.” That’s the attitude needed to fight Parkinson’s. Faith. Attitude. Action. Progress. Cure. You are worth it!
So, as we near the end of 2021, think about this today:
What if you decide that instead of living Parkinson’s symptoms, you are going to live your life.
What if you decide that instead of thinking about the Recipe, you are going to do the Recipe.
What if you decide that instead of living Parkinson’s, you are going to live Parkinson’s recovery.
What if you decide that you are leaving a part of the “old Parkinson’s you” in 2021, so it will no longer be with you as you become the “new curing-yourself you” in 2022.
And, what if you decide that you will be looking at Parkinson’s with this new view: “Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance, and I can repair the imbalances and be cured of Parkinson’s!”
Let’s do this together. Starting today, and until the end of 2021, repeat:
1. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is curable, and I have the power to cure myself. I am so much more than Parkinson’s symptoms. I am alive, and I am my own cure! Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance, and I can repair the imbalances and be cured of Parkinson’s. I refuse to allow appearances in my physical symptoms to make me fearful. Fear is a choice. Faith is a choice. I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
2. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is curable, and I have the power to cure myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. As a result of doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®, I am bringing my physical body back into balance, I am bringing my mind back into balance, and I am bringing my spirit back into balance. I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
3. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is curable, and I have the power to cure myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. I say “Okay” as my way of acknowledging acceptance that my Parkinson’s is temporary and that my cure is real. I say “Okay” as my way of acknowledging acceptance that my fear is actually False Evidence Appearing Real, nothing more than a thought created by my mind about some future event that may or may not take place. I say “Okay” as my way of acknowledging acceptance that my faith is real. Okay. Okay. Okay. I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
4. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is curable, and I have the power to cure myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. As I wind down 2021, I say good-bye to anger and frustration and resentment and stress and anxiety and worry and fear and FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real). As I begin to see 2022 on the horizon, I feel a surge blossoming inside me filled with happiness and joy and gratitude and compassion and forgiveness and love…and my FULL RECOVERY CURE! I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
5. “I have the power to heal myself. Parkinson’s is curable, and I have the power to cure myself. Parkinson’s is a symptom of my life out of balance. The tortoise is my cure. I am the tortoise. I am curing myself with each small advance I make in the moment. Just like the tortoise, I move slowly and steadily, and I realize that I cannot worry too much about the bumps in the road. Instead, I know that every step I take toward the finish line is recovery, in and of itself, and I settle in and enjoy the journey. In each step, I see love and joy and laughter and gratitude and fulfillment and compassion and contentment. Oh, yes, and then the tortoise wins the race. Oh, yes, and then I win the race and achieve my cure. Fear is so 2021. Faith is absolutely 2022! I choose Faith. I am recovery. I am worth it!”
YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
Wishing all of you a joyous New Year!
All my best,
Final note to finish out the year: Be compassionate to yourself. This year, Sally has spent time in Florida helping her mother move to quasi-assisted living, overseeing the moving, the cleaning and painting her mother’s condo, and has been working with the realtor daily to sell her mother’s condo, which finally occurred last week. It has been a full time job for the last few months. As a result, we did not send out holiday cards this year. Okay. There simply was not time or energy for Sally to do all of the things she was doing in person in Florida and from 3,000 miles away from Oregon and do the holiday cards as well. Practicing what I preach, we decided that the compassionate thing to do for Sally was to not send out holiday cards this year. We know that our family and friends will understand. I ask that you practice what I preach, and as you finish out 2021, please be compassionate to yourself, too. It will be a great way to finish the year and start 2022!
Thank you, your words are recomforting.
2022 is the year of recovery!!!!
Happy New Year to you and Sally and the entire family.
Thank you, Howard, for your faith in our Recovery! 2022 is Our Year! Wishing all of you — and Howard and Sally — a Joyous Year! Love, Julie R.
Thank you Howard for your words of wisdom. I decide to live my life. I decide to do recipe daily and live life of Parkinson’s Recovery. I promise to be ‘new curing myself’ in 2022, which is my year of recovery!
Wishing you and your family a very happy and joyous 2022! Wishing the same to all dear fellow warriors, God bless!
Happy New Year to you and Sally, and to all my warrior friends here I say, let us open our hearts to a miracle in 2022, and to know and feel we are worthy of one, as with God all things are possible, no matter how advanced our condition is, we can be healed.
Doing the recipe to the best of our ability is important, but a little Divine intervention is nothing to be sneezed at. Lol. So let us keep the Faith, and Trust and get a few more of our warrior ass’s across the finish line. 😊
Big Love to All.
Karen xx 💕
Thank you Karen for nice words , this is your year 😀😀😀
Happy New year filled with joy and recovery to all! Thanks and blessings to our teacher Howard and Sally.
Thank you Howard and fellow warriors for your continued faith in our recovery. Let us remember there is no order of difficulty in miracles and be the miracle ourselves. Best wishes to all for a healthy new year full of promise and gratitude.
Happy New Year to all you brother and sister warriors! We can heal ourselves!!!!!!!
Roger W from Chicago
I didn’t expect a message from you this week Howard as being New year , a time for your own family. Your dedication for this course is exemplary helping us , we thank you from the bottom of our hearts . Bring on 2022 as this is going to be year of healing for all . Happy New year everyone 😀😀😀
Happiness and thank you 💖💖💖💖
Thanks Howard for your dedication to help us.
I need a strong foundation of faith so that fear cannot shake me.
Your message gives me strength to defeat my fear!
Love to all
Thank you Howard for the continued encouragement and sharing your positive approach to life.
Faith and joy to all fellow warriors in 2022!
Sending love and best wishes to Howard and each and every one in the Recovery Community for a wonderful year in 2022.
May we all live free of anger, frustration, anxiety, worry, stress, resentment and fear!
Thanks Marie 🤶
Thank you Howard and wish you all a happy new year. Yes, I have started A Course in Miracles and I can recommend it to everyone along with the Recipe indeed!
Henrik I read it all a few years ago and did all the lessons. It is a powerful book but it is a tough read as you really have to focus as it’s very deep. When I first tried reading it I thought to myself “ no this is too heavy, I am not ready for this”
It was literally a few years later before I challenged myself to it. I am impressed that you have started it and are recommending it. 😊 You are obviously more spiritually advanced than little old me lol . Keep me posted on how you are finding it. 😊xx
Henrik and Karen, several years ago, I read and completed all of the lessons in A Course In Miracles. It took me well over a year to complete it. A few months back a friend gave me a book by Pam Grout titled The Course In Miracles Experiment, A Starter Kit For Rewiring Your Mind (and Therefore the World.) It is a book that translates the 365 day Course Workbook into easily understood !eachings. You might want to check it out. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Love, Dianna from Wyoming
Although I am not the person that has Parkinson’s, I live it everyday. My husband John religiously does the Recipe everyday and follows what Howard preaches as best he is can. Like Howard says there are many times when you have to say “Okay”. I too cannot wait for the day when John is able to say “I used to have Parkinson’s”. Until that day…may your life be full of blessings and bits of recovery until your Parkinson’s symptoms are gone forever. Happy 2022 to you all and your families. God Bless all of us for coming in contact with Howard.
Blessings and gratitude to you Kelly for caring for your husband. My husband is standing beside me and I can’t begin to tell you what joy it gives to me to do the recipe for him. Our takers give us courage – thank you for yours! – Julie R.
Thank you Howard! The year 2021 was a good year. I am alive, moving and breathing!
I am grateful and happy!
Love to all,
Thank you Howared for your continual encouragement and support in our recovery. With FAITH, gratitude and compassion we will recover.
Wishing Howard and all fellow warriors A Happy New Year. Let us pray for more happiness and more smiles, with loads of love for a full recovery in 2022.