We have spent the last month discussing awareness. When you are aware that you are having your recovery, trusting that not only have you picked the correct path, but also, that you will persevere and see it through to the end, you are extraordinary. That’s right…you are extraordinary, really!
1. Going beyond what is usual, regular, or customary (Merriam-Webster dictionary)
2. Exceptional in character, amount, extent, degree, etc.; noteworthy; remarkable (Online dictionary)
3. If you describe something or someone as extraordinary, you mean that they have some extremely good or special quality. (Collins English dictionary).
4. “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” Wade Boggs
5. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” Brene Brown
6. “Your ordinary acts of love and hope point to the extraordinary promise that every human life is of inestimable value.” Desmond Tutu
7. “Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary.” Gerard Way
All of you are EXTRAORDINARY! By doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®, you are: Going beyond what is usual, regular, or customary, showing exceptional character, causing a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes, practicing gratitude, realizing that your life is of inestimable value, and being the HERO in your own recovery journey. To sum it up, you are quite EXTRAORDINARY!!!
However, if you are overthinking this, if you have any doubt just how extraordinary you are, each and every one of you, please spend 9 minutes and 22 seconds watching this video (also, I think it will inspire those of you who already know how extraordinary you are):
You are EXTRAORDINARY!!!
You are worth it!!!
All my best,