As mentioned in my June 12th blog post, in celebration of 12 years cured of Parkinson’s, I will be doing full-length videos of every exercise in the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®. I will post them in future blog posts and insert them into the Recipe, put them on my resources page, and have them on my YouTube channel.
Medical Qigong Sound for Calming the Liver.
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and eyes closed.
2. Place hands overlapping over the Dantian.
3. On the inhale, visualize energy rising up the liver meridian (begin at inside of big toe, come across foot and go above the inside ankle bone, up the inside of the leg to the groin, across to the outside of the ribs).
4. On the exhale, open your eyes and as you are pulling in your abdomen, squeeze your anus and let out the Xu sound (it is pronounced Shuuu Yiii).
5. Repeat for a total of 6 inhalations and 6 exhalations.
As you can see, I did this at a moderate pace. If you need to do it slower, please do it at your pace. Also, you can do it in a chair.
Thank you for joining in my 12-year cured from Parkinson’s anniversary celebration. I am happy to be doing Medical Qigong Sound for Calming the Liver with you each day. More to come.
You are worth it!
All my best,