As mentioned in my June 12th blog post, in celebration of 12 years cured of Parkinson’s, I will be doing full-length videos of every exercise in the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®. I will post them in future blog posts and insert them into the Recipe, put them on my resources page, and have them on my YouTube channel.
Qigong for clearing liver wind.
This is a sitting form of QiGong exercise It is for strengthening the liver and clearing internal pathogenic Liver Wind.
1. Sit upright with legs crossed. (For those of you who cannot sit cross-legged on the floor, this can be accomplished sitting in a chair. Sit forward in a chair with your back straight and feet on the floor pointing forward, and then perform the other parts of this exercise).
2. Your palms should be face toward your Dantian (below your navel) and your hands should be placed so your fingers are loosely interlocked only as far as the first knuckle.
3. Twist your body to the left and to the right 15 times in each direction.
4. Fully interlock your fingers and turn your hands facing away so you are looking at the backs of your hands and interlocked fingers.
5. Push your hands out and up (to just above eye level) 8 times.
6. Chomp your teeth together and then swallow your saliva.
7. Meditate quietly.
As you can see, I did this at a moderate pace, sometimes with head facing forward and sometimes turning my neck so you could see how it goes either way. If you need to do it faster or slower, please do it at your pace and for your safety.
Thank you for joining in my 12-year cured from Parkinson’s anniversary celebration. I am happy to be doing Qigong for Clearing Liver Wind with you each day. More to come.
You are worth it!
All my best,