Fighting Parkinson’s, and a repairing a life out of balance refresher

As we head into the end of the year and the joyous holiday season, I want to provide you with more tools for repairing the Parkinson’s, which I see as a symptom of a life out of balance…physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Today, I am re-posting my explanation of how Parkinson’s is a symptom of a life out of balance, and the subsequent posts until the end of the year will provide additional tools to enhance the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery® as it leads you on your journey of recovery…recovery from the Parkinson’s and balance in your life.

From Fighting Parkinson’s, and tremors three years ago (originally posted on September 21, 2012):

“Three years ago today {September 21, 2009}, I got my final wake up call, my body’s final notification to make me sit up and take notice that there was something dreadfully wrong with me…tremors. As I pointed out recently, for the previous 7 or 8 months, I had received polite, and not-so-polite, notifications that my physical body was falling into disrepair. I chose to ignore these. Tremors got my attention. I have discussed that the symptoms are not the problem, but instead, they are the messages that there is a problem, so we have to look behind them as to why we have them. I realized that Parkinson’s is a symptom…a message that says, “your life is out of balance.”

Parkinson’s…the symptom reflecting a life out of balance. Physically, you are off balance. You move slowly and cautiously, often looking down instead of forward. What does that do? It puts your body in a posture that makes it virtually impossible to walk balanced. Your neck is bent, your spine is bent, the fluid in your semicircular canals is moved, and your visual frame of reference (important for balance) is your legs or the floor, and you acquire what is often referred to as a Parkinson’s gait. Mentally, you then become off balance because you are afraid of falling or freezing, and you are afraid of the future with Parkinson’s. This is right where Parkinson’s wants you…not living in the moment, but instead living in the past (getting Parkinson’s) and being fearful of the future (life with long-term Parkinson’s). Spiritually, you give up hope that you ever will get better. At that point Parkinson’s is winning.

Essentially, when you stare at your legs and feel unbalanced, you are looking at the past. When you feel unbalanced, you fear the future. How can you move forward in life in a balanced manner if you are staring backwards and it makes you fearful of where you are going? Faith.

Faith in yourself that you are the cure to Parkinson’s, and that you can see your recovery through to the end. Yes, that carries a lot of responsibility, but you have help. You have the Recipe for Recovery. The Recipe for Recovery is your road map to bring your soul, mind, and body back into balance.

Over time in my recovery, I came to see Parkinson’s as a grand opportunity to fix the things in my life that had gone out of balance. The Recipe provided me with the physical tools to re-balance my body, the mental tools to calm my mind and re-balance my emotions, and the spiritual tools to re-balance my soul and find again the essence of who I am.

Am I grateful for having had Parkinson’s? Yes. Through that bump in the road in a life already out of balance, Parkinson’s stood as a bump at a fork in the road leaving me two choices: 1. Fix the imbalances in my life and it would go away; and 2. Do not fix the imbalances in my life and it would stay with me forever. I chose the road less traveled, I had no plan B, and every day I did the Recipe for Recovery to find balance in my life. And every day that I awoke with Parkinson’s still there, it was a reminder I still had more work to do.

However, in the end, when I awoke on June 12, 2010 with no Parkinson’s, I knew it was not coming back — I had re-balanced my soul, mind, and body, and I no longer needed the message or symptoms known as Parkinson’s as a reminder that I had more work to do.

I was finished with that part of my life, and I am grateful for that as well.”

Here we are, over fourteen years since those tremors appeared, and thirteen and a half years since the symptoms left and the realization of being cured came to fruition. Thank you, God. I am grateful!

You can do this, too. I know you can. Grab onto the Recipe with a full faith and confidence, and fearlessly continue down this path to your cure.

Each and every one of you is winning and you are worth it!!

You are worth it!!!

36 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and a repairing a life out of balance refresher

Клетки моего мозга живы. Мой резервуар дофамина полон. Я применяю Рецепт, и мое выздоровление от болезни Паркинсона идет полным ходом. Я возвращаю свою жизнь в баланс. Я необыкновенный. Я выздоравливаю. Я ПОБЕДИЛ! И Я ТОГО СТОИТ!!!

I am worthy and deserving of my full recovery from Parkinson’s.

I can do this, too. I know I can. Grab onto the Recipe with a full faith and confidence, and fearlessly continue down this path to your cure.

Approaching 3 yrs drug free and grateful xx

10. Jonathan B says:

Thank you so much Howard!

14. W'Ren says:

Yeah buddy!!!

Lots of love to my fellow warriors!!

The battle is being won…day by day!

15. Andrea F says:

17. Chris M says:

Each and every one of you is winning and you are worth it!!

Thank you Howard.

May we all find our way back to Balance.
    May the coming winter Solstice be an ally in our quest! ❤️

22. Kathy says:

24. May says:

We are from Taiwan and we are all Parkinson’s patients, four of us in total.
    Every morning, we make the recipe shared by Howard on YouTube through google meet.
    After finishing the recipe, we will chat and then start our own day.
    We’ve been doing this for eight months. But since weekends are family days, we each make our own recipe time.
    In November, I did it and made recipe every morning. I will do the same in December.
    In January 2024, I will try my best to make Recipe in the morning, noon and evening.
    Thank you Howard for your constant support and encouragement. We all appreciate that you share the recipe for us.

25. Sue T-J in the UK says:

26. Christiane G from Germany says:

Love to you!

27. Maree says:

Love to. Everyone

28. Kevin says:

God’s timing, not mine.
    God’s will, not mine.
    God’s plan, not mine.
    God’s glory, not mine.

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am bringing my life back into balance. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! 🌟🥰

33. Mark says:

Thanks Howard!

34. Weng says:

Greetings from Singapore. I’m witnessing continuous improvement, affirmed by the feedback from those around me. Since receiving the doctor’s diagnosis, I’ve steered clear of any medication. Instead, I promptly embraced the Recipe, which I faithfully practice daily, alongside my 4 am meditation. Despite discontinuing my natural herbal remedies, my bowel movements continue to be regular and normal. Recently, my wife noted that I speak faster and move at a quicker pace. The only lingering symptom is a milder tremor in my right hand. I plan to persist with the Parkinson’s disease recipe while incorporating breathwork into my routine. Howard, your insights and guidance are appreciated. Thank you.

35. Gary says: