Fighting Parkinson’s, and elevating your gratitude

Toward the end of my recovery, I realized that had anybody ever told me that the Howard Shifke body could end up in such disarray, then early in life I would have started giving gratitude for everything I could do. I also realized, it is never too late to have a fresh start.

As you know, the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery® is a soul, mind, and body recovery protocol. I do not feel that the soul is touched by Parkinson’s. However, I feel that the soul is negatively impacted by how people feel about themselves and their situation. The soul is covered up by the toxicity of Parkinson’s in how it impacts the mind and the body.

Gratitude helps you open your heart, soothe your soul, and release your dopamine. That is right…gratitude helps you open your heart, soothe your soul, and release your dopamine. First you heal your soul, and your mind and body will follow. Elevating your gratitude helps to heal the soul.

Okay! Are you ready to begin winding down 2023 with gratitude? Are you ready to defeat Parkinson’s and open your hearts and soothe your souls to your cure? Okay! I thought so. Let’s do things differently to wind down 2023 and turn this whole thing on its head by being grateful for Parkinson’s.

What????? Has Howard lost his mind????? Yes, I lost my over-thinking, Adrenaline-driven mind thirteen and half years ago as I opened my heart and soothed my soul with gratitude. I then received my cure. So, jump in with me and let’s do this together.

As I wrote in my last post:

“Am I grateful for having had Parkinson’s? Yes. Through that bump in the road in a life already out of balance, Parkinson’s stood as a bump at a fork in the road leaving me two choices: 1. Fix the imbalances in my life and it would go away; and 2. Do not fix the imbalances in my life and it would stay with me forever. I chose the road less traveled, I had no plan B, and every day I did the Recipe for Recovery to find balance in my life. And every day that I awoke with Parkinson’s still there, it was a reminder I still had more work to do.

However, in the end, when I awoke on June 12, 2010 with no Parkinson’s, I knew it was not coming back — I had re-balanced my soul, mind, and body, and I no longer needed the message or symptoms known as Parkinson’s as a reminder that I had more work to do.

I was finished with that part of my life, and I am grateful for that as well.”

If you want a different result with the Parkinson’s cure than you have seen in the past, then you need to think and feel differently about what is occurring as you are doing the Recipe.

Here is one of the most frequent questions I am asked: “How am I supposed to not worry about the future when these Parkinson’s symptoms are in the forefront of my life all the time and sometimes they are increased symptoms?”

Have you ever considered giving gratitude to the Parkinson’s? If you are going to be thinking about Parkinson’s all day long, why not change the conversation with gratitude and use the Parkinson’s against itself to release your dopamine.

When the tremors increase, instead of fearing that this means something bad in the future, say, “Thank you Parkinson’s for teaching me that increased tremors means that I am increasing my internal energy as I move closer to my recovery.”
When the stiffness increases, instead of having frustration or fear, say, “Thank you Parkinson’s for forcing me to learn that sometimes when my energy shifts in my body, I will have increased stiffness.”
When you get stuck while walking, instead of fearing the worst, say, “Thank you Parkinson’s for showing me that if I am calm and encouraging to myself, I can ease into taking another step.”
When you are feeling more pain, instead of being upset, anxious or fearful, say, “Thank you Parkinson’s for showing me that my brain is talking to my nerve endings because if it was not connected well, I would not be experiencing pain.”

This is a list that continues to grow as each of you is an individual who is having Parkinson’s symptoms exhibit themselves to you in a way that is personal to you. The idea is that if you are giving gratitude to Parkinson’s each time a symptoms increases, it opens your heart, soothes your soul, and releases your dopamine, and you calm your mind so you are not engaged in worry and fear of the future.

Here are some additional general gratitude statements for the Parkinson’s:

Thank you Parkinson’s for slowing me down so I can have a chance to get out of adrenaline mode.
I am grateful to you Parkinson’s for teaching me that I needed to eat healthier foods.
I am grateful to you Parkinson’s for helping me get my priorities in life back in order.
Thank you Parkinson’s for forcing me to learn Medical Qigong and the Recipe exercises so I can heal my organs.
Thank you Parkinson’s for showing that I needed to learn how to meditate to calm my over-thinking mind.
I am grateful to you Parkinson’s for making me so physically miserable that you have forced me to spend more time talking to my Higher Power.
Thank you Parkinson’s for teaching me how out of balance I had become, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Thank you Parkinson’s for forcing me to learn acceptance and surrender.
Thank you Parkinson’s for teaching me to be grateful for the assistance others are providing me.
I am grateful to you Parkinson’s for showing me that I needed to give up my old rights of to be angry, frustrated, resentful, worrisome, fearful, stressful, anxious, unforgiving, critical, and self-critical.
I am grateful to you Parkinson’s for teaching me that I was entitled to have my new rights of joy, happiness, fearlessness, compassion, contentment, love, acceptance, forgiveness, and gratitude.
Thank you Parkinson’s for leading me down the path least traveled where I have the opportunity to learn to love myself, accept myself for the special person who I am, and to cure myself from a disease most others incorrectly think is incurable. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

To each and every one of you, thank you. I am grateful you are here on this blog and that we all are traveling down the path to your cures together, hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, tears in our eyes, and smiles on our faces. Let’s be grateful for our lives together.

Each and every one of you is winning and you are worth it!!

You are worth it!!!

35 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and elevating your gratitude

2. W'Ren says:

I am grateful to Howard Shifke!

Each and every one of you is winning and you are worth it!!

11. Christiane G from Germany says:

I am truly grateful!

14. Kimberly D says:

Клетки моего мозга живы. Мой резервуар дофамина полон. Я применяю Рецепт, и мое выздоровление от болезни Паркинсона идет. Я превозношу свою благодарность. Я необыкновенный. Я выздоравливаю. Я ПОБЕДИЛ! И Я ТОГО СТОИТ!!!

17. Janeen, wife of a warrior says:

Such a beautiful post Howard.
    I am grateful for you and the inspiration you give myself and my husband.
    Love to all of the gratitude warriors💕

22. Gary W says:

Thanks Howard! Your inspirational words came at a perfect time.

• Helen says:

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am elevating my gratitude. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! I am blessed.

Thank you, Howard, for this inspirational, beautiful post!

28. Scott R says:

Hello fellow warriors,
    From the bottom of my heart on wishing you a very merry Christmas. I made it my goal that the year 2024 is the year of total recovery 100% Parkinson’s free body. Goals for 2024: To drive a car and to go back to work, but most important of all is to live a life of joy and of service and gratitude and never take anything for granted; to find the positive in everything in life, to enjoy life, even its smallest things, like a dog barking or a sunset. I will see the most important of all that I took on a challenge with the odds stacked against me and I won. That will be my 2024! And I say thank you to Howard for leading the way!!

29. Debra M says:

30. Andrea F says:

Love you all!!!!

31. Sue T-J in the UK says:

32. Chris M says:

Thank you, Howard, for showing me how to turn my most irritating problems into assets!

33. Anil says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!