Fighting Parkinson’s, and elevating your gratitude, part 2

When I wrote Fighting Parkinson’s, and elevating your gratitude last week, I was not anticipating a part 2. However, in coaching sessions this week, the conversations of elevating gratitude brought me to today’s blog post.

In my book, Fighting Parkinson’s…and Winning, the last section of Part Two of the book is entitled, “And then I found gratitude which helped me finish my full recovery.” It is on pages 113-121 in the book. It is a big focus on the soul healing contained in the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®.

One of the gratitude practices I have been discussing with people this week is what I refer to as “Gratitude in Advance.” It is giving gratitude for what one already has: the soul healing (the soul does not have Parkinson’s), the mind healing (no complaining from the mind in the face of gratitude), and the body healing (the gratitude encourages the body to perform the movements announced in the expression of gratitude).

Gratitude in Advance looks like this:

“Thank you. I am walking.” And then you take a step and walk without judging the quality of the walking.
“Thank you. I am drinking a glass of water.” And then, pick up the glass and drink without judging the difficulty, or shaking, or stiffness involved in the execution of the movement.

Your turn:
“Thank you. I am _______.” And then do, without judgment, whatever you put in the blank.

This morning, I went online and looked for a video that would help embody this deeper concept of Gratitude in Advance, plus so many of the previous lessons about gratitude that I have shared on this blog over the years.

I found what I feel is a special video that will take no more than a 5-minute commitment from you to watch it, listen to the messages, and elevate your gratitude.

Let’s be grateful for each day of this life and for each other!

Have a joyous holiday season!

Note: I am taking some time off for the holidays and my next blog post will be January 1, 2024.

39 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and elevating your gratitude, part 2

1. W'Ren says:

Happy Holidays to all!

Клетки моего мозга живы. Мой резервуар дофамина полон. Я применяю Рецепт, и мое выздоровление от болезни Паркинсона идет полным ходом. Я благодарен за свою жизнь и за то, что поделился ею со всеми вами на этом пути выздоровления. Я необыкновенный. Я выздоравливаю. Я ПОБЕДИЛ! И Я ТОГО СТОИТ!!!

• Gail says:

Happy Holidays!!!

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am grateful for my life and for sharing it with all of you on this recovery journey. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! Happy holidays to all!

8. Christiane G from Germany says:

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!🎅🎄

10. Sun_and_flowers says:

Happy Holidays to all!

I am extraordinary.
    I am recovery.
    I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

14. Cathy H says:

One of today’s gratitude is dedicated to you, Howard! Thank you for everything you do for the Parkinson’s community. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.

Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year to you and Sally.

What a wonderful blog post and inspiring video thank you Howard!
    Happy holidays and happy New Year to you, Sally and my fellow warriors!

I am grateful for the winter solstice and the returning of the light! I am grateful for this community of amazing folks on the path to healing! Wishing all a wonderful holiday ❤️

And I AM GRATEFUL!

Happy holidays!

21. Johnathan from Tidewater Virginia says:

Thank you Howard, may you and your family thrive!

22. Eloise M says:

Thank you for sharing that video message! Yes, there is much to be grateful for.
    Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to all of you!

All of us are winning and we are worth it!!!

Have a joyous holiday season!

25. Kevin says:

Happy Holidays to all!

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am grateful for my life and for sharing it with all of you on this recovery journey. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! Happy holidays and many blessings to us all!!! 🙏

30. Roger W says:

Greetings and gratitude to all!

Thank you Howard for all your support and encouragement.

Wishing Howard and fellow warriors Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

33. Christine says:

Let’s all be grateful for each day of this life and for each other!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

37. Lois G says:

Such a beautiful video… thank you Howard.

38. Chris M says: