Fighting Parkinson’s, and 2024…the year of knowing! part 2

On January 1st, I posted that 2024 is the year of knowing. As we move forward together in 2024, I will help you elevate the “knowing” aspects of your recovery so that you may relax into knowing that your full recovery will occur some day in the future.

About a year ago, near the beginning of 2023, the year of change, I made a change on the blog comments. I encouraged a copying and pasting of specific affirmations. There was a method to my madness.

Years ago, I had learned that a first impression is powerful and that it takes consistent truthful information contrary to a first impression to “un-seat” the first impression and replace it with the truthful information. So, each week, the affirmations have been the same, except that I have inserted an extra affirmation applicable to the blog post of that day, put in the middle of the consistent affirmations.

The affirmations are truthful statements to help un-seat almost everybody’s first impression of Parkinson’s, which was: dead brain cells, depleted dopamine, cannot slow, cannot halt, cannot reverse, cannot cure, cannot win. For nearly a year, everybody on this blog has been reading the truthful contrary words, and some of you have been copying and pasting the truthful contrary words:

“My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!”

Today, we will take the first truthful affirmation and elevate it to a knowing that it is true!

My brain cells are alive.

Here is the scientific study from 2019 entitled:

“Unexpected Findings in Parkinson’s Research Show Cells May Not Be Dead.”

In short, here is what it says:

“Researchers with Rockefeller University discovered something completely unexpected—the affected neurons in Parkinson’s may not be dead. They found they may shut down without dying and these “undead neurons” release molecules that shut down neighboring brain cells, which leads to the common Parkinson’s symptoms.”

Click here to read the entire article yourself.

This is fantastic news and I hope all of you are inspired. Of course, I would imagine that if you are reading this blog post, have been following this blog, and are doing the Recipe, you already had faith that your brain cells are alive. Good for you!

However, now when family and friends are questioning what you are doing, and they say to you, “where’s the science?” you can say “right here.” The science says your brain cells may not be dead. There’s the science!

Now that you know a deeper knowing from the science that your brain cells are alive, we may elevate the affirmation to include:

I know my brain cells are alive.

Doesn’t that feel great. Let’s say it again: “I know my brain cells are alive.” You almost can hear your brain cells saying, “Of course we are alive. Happy you now know it!”

59 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and 2024…the year of knowing! part 2

2. Marie says:

Hello Howard and the Recovery Community! It has been quite a while since I posted anything though I continue to read the blog now and then. Though I am not as active in the community, my Gratitude to you, Howard, never diminishes. My Gratitude for the Recipe for Recovery never diminishes. I am so grateful every day.
    My brain cells are definitely alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I did the Recipe and trusted in my recovery. My recovery from Parkinson’s happened. Yes! I have had a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

• Thando M says:

Hi Marie, this is such great news to start the new year. I’m grateful to always seeing such messages knowing I am recovering every single day. What’s been encouraging for me is that now I can ride & run again with improved posture and speed but I continue to do the recipe as when I look back I see how far I have come to where I’m going.

Thank you for the positive inspiration & thank you Howard for the encouragement & support.

• Wyatt W says:

Hello Marie! Thank you for the encouraging message! It’s such an amazing thing that you’ve accomplished! Just knowing that you exist and are cured is such an inspiration. It does wonders to keep the faith going. Many thanks to you and to Howard ❤️

• Margaret says:

Hi Marie – so good to hear from you and how encouraging it is for us all to see. Your post is bursting with vibrancy and makes my recovery seem that much closer! Happy New Year and God bless you!

• Howard says:

Hi Marie,

Thank you for posting a comment to help inspire our recovery community. It takes a lot of kindness and compassion to post a comment over 12 years since your full recovery in order to help others.

I am grateful for you!

Love and blessings,

• Esme' says:

That is why I can still move.

• LBR says:

Hello Marie!
      Thank You so much for taking the time to share with the community! You are a true inspiration and your sharing is so encouraging. I certainly hope you will share more of your journey in the future, as I for one feel it is so uplifting and supportive to all.

So much thanks to you!

I know my brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! 😀😀😀😀

• Gloria says:

7. Dora says:

Iknow my bran cells are alive my dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the recipe and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening I know that someday in the future I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s, I am extraordinary, I am recovery I AM WINNING AND I AM WORTH IT!!! To Marie, congratulations ,,very happy for your success

8. Sally H says:

I know my brain cells are alive.. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

Я знаю, что клетки моего мозга живы. Мой резервуар дофамина полон. Я применяю Рецепт, и мое выздоровление от болезни Паркинсона идет полным ходом. Я знаю, что когда-нибудь в будущем я полностью выздоровею от болезни Паркинсона. Я необыкновенный. Я выздоравливаю. Я ПОБЕДИЛ! И Я ТОГО СТОИТ!!!

13. Christiane G from Germany says:

• Rosalie says:

Marie, thank you for sharing your inspiring message with us all! A ripple in the pond changes the world! 💕🌟

I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

So wonderful to read of Marie’s full recovery and so thankful to Howard for the Recipe and his daily support! We can all recover fully!

24. Kevin says:

Happy New Year to all! Let’s make 2024 great.

25. Lise Marita says:

26. Jonathan B. says:

31. Kathy says:

35. Calven C says:

38. W'Ren says:

Ich weiß, dass meine Gehirnzellen heil sind.
    Mein Dopaminspeicher ist voll.
    Ich praktiziere das Recipe for Recovery und meine Genesung von Parkinson ist auf dem besten Wege.
    Ich weiß, dass ich eines Tages in der Zukunft vollständig von Parkinson genesen sein werde.
    Ich bin außergewöhnlich.
    Ich bin Genesung.
    Ich gewinne! Ich bitte es wert zu genesen! Ich bin es absolut wert zu genesen!!!

Thank you, Howard!

41. scott radcliffe says:

Hello fellow warriors. 2024 will be a be a great year for all of us. Keep doing, keep trying, and always be persevering.

42. Maree says:

Thanks Howard for your encouragement
    Love to all

43. Debbie L says:

44. Sue T-J in the UK says:

47. Kim H says:

Thank you to all for such encouragement and sense of community and connection. I need that!
    Sincerely,