Fighting Parkinson’s, and 2024…the year of knowing! part 4

On January 1st, I posted that 2024 is the year of knowing. As we move forward together in 2024, I will help you elevate the “knowing” aspects of your recovery so that you may relax into knowing that your full recovery will occur some day in the future.

About a year ago, near the beginning of 2023, the year of change, I made a change on the blog comments. I encouraged a copying and pasting of specific affirmations. There was a method to my madness.

Years ago, I had learned that a first impression is powerful and that it takes consistent truthful information contrary to a first impression to “un-seat” the first impression and replace it with the truthful information. So, each week, the affirmations have been the same, except that I have inserted an extra affirmation applicable to the blog post of that day, put in the middle of the consistent affirmations.

The affirmations are truthful statements to help un-seat almost everybody’s first impression of Parkinson’s, which was: dead brain cells, depleted dopamine, cannot slow, cannot halt, cannot reverse, cannot cure, cannot win. For nearly a year, everybody on this blog has been reading the truthful contrary words, and some of you have been copying and pasting the truthful contrary words:

“My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!”

Today, we will take the fourth truthful affirmation and elevate it to a knowing that it is true!

I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening

Let’s start with the easy one to know: “I am doing the Recipe.” The  Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery® (Recipe) is a soul, mind, and body recovery protocol. If you are doing any of the Recipe exercises, AND doing any meditation, mindfulness, or mind-calming exercises, AND doing spiritual work such as prayer or gratitude practice, then you KNOW: I am doing the Recipe.

Now the more difficult one to know: “And my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening.” How do you know this? Everything in the Recipe is designed to heal you, to move you closer to recovery every day. A natural consequence of doing the Recipe is that your recovery from Parkinson’s is happening each and every day no matter what your symptoms are doing.

Here are two ways to assist you in knowing that your recovery from Parkinson’s is happening.

1. Proclaim it. That’s right, proclaim it. Let’s proclaim this together: I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening.

Here is how I saw it in my recovery. I knew as I built the Recipe that everything in the Recipe was designed to heal me. So, when I had a change in symptoms, which mostly was unpleasant in how it felt physically, I would say to God, “Thank you for the healing.”

Increased tremors, “Thank you for the healing.”
Decreased tremors, “Thank you for the healing.”
Increased stiffness, “Thank you for the healing.”
Decreased stiffness, “Thank you for the healing.”
Increased slowness, “Thank you for the healing.”
Decreased slowness, “Thank you for the healing.”
Increased pain, “Thank you for the healing.”
Decreased pain, “Thank you for the healing.”

Simply put, I KNEW I was having my recovery no matter what the symptoms were doing, so I had one standard response, “Thank you for the healing.”

2. If you have any doubt regarding knowing that your recovery from Parkinson’s is happening, if you go to Appendix Two in my book, Fighting Parkinson’s…and Winning, after every listed Recipe exercises, I explain, movement by movement, exactly how doing it is healing you.

Here is an example excerpted from my book to assist you even more.

Medical Qigong for the Liver.

1. Held my hands in front of my navel like holding a small ball.

2. Slowly raised my hands to slightly above eye level.

3. Lowered each hand to chest at lowest level of ribs directly in line straight down from nipples.

4. While pressing my palms against my ribs, rotated my hands six times in one direction and then six times in the other direction. Leaving my palms where they were, I alternated bending toward the sides four times to each side.

5. Lowered my palms to lowest point on ribs on each side of the body directly in line straight down from armpits.

6. While pressing my palms against my ribs, rotated my hands six times in one direction and then six times in the other direction. Overlapped my hands against my body just below the belly button, alternated bending forward the and backwards four times each.

Repeated 1. through 7. sequence ten times. I slowly worked my way up to ten repetitions, stopping before over-doing it. My body told me when to stop, and eventually I achieved ten repetitions

A little background will help with the explanation of this Medical Qigong. According to the Chinese body clock, each organ is at its peak of functioning in a two-hour window of time during the day. The gallbladder is from 11pm until 1am and the liver is from 1am until 3am. So, from 11pm until 3am, my liver and gallbladder were at their peak of cleaning toxins from my body. This was a good time to be at rest.

Here is what I felt was occurring:

1. Held my hands in front of my navel like holding a small ball. The reason for beginning this way was to create an internal focus and an intention to heal; I was grounding myself in the moment.

2. Slowly raised my hands to slightly above eye level. When I brought my hands in front of my navel like holding a small ball and then raised them slightly above eye level, my focus was directed inward; my intention was directed toward the Qigong, and I was solidly grounded in the exercise.

3. Lowered each hand to my chest at lowest level of ribs directly in line straight down from nipples. This was to get in me in the correct position to stimulate the liver meridian.

4. While pressing my palms against my ribs, I rotated my hands six times in one direction and then six times in the other direction. Leaving my palms where they were, alternated bending toward the sides four times to each side.

The point I was pressing and rubbing was Liver Meridian point 14. My feeling was that I was stimulating this point as a way to say, “Wake up. I know it is not between 1am and 3am, but I am toxic with this Parkinson’s, and I want to strengthen you and have you assist me with another cleansing of toxins. Thank you.”

Then, doing the circles was to generate energy in the liver meridian. I often had a difficult time pressing and massaging in circles, so I stimulated this point by either lowering my hand quickly and hitting the points with my palms, or rubbing my hands up and down or side to side, or even pressing with my fingertips.

When bending to the right, I was stretching and pulling, and then releasing, the liver meridian that was running up the inside of my left leg. When bending to the left, I was stretching and pulling, and then releasing, the liver meridian that was running up the inside of my right leg. This strengthened the meridian, strengthened my liver, and assisted in opening up blockages in the meridian. Sometimes this would cause my tremors to increase. However, my view of this was that as I was creating more energy flow in the meridian, and it was causing tremors to increase because the energy (electricity) was hitting blockages.

5. Lowered my palms to lowest point on ribs on each side of the body directly in line straight down from my armpits. This was to get in me in the correct position to stimulate the gallbladder meridian.

6. While pressing my palms against my ribs, I rotated my hands six times in one direction and then six times in the other direction. Then I overlapped my hands against my body just below the belly button, alternated bending forward the and backwards four times each.

The point I was pressing and rubbing was Gallbladder Meridian point 25. My feeling was that I was stimulating this point as a way to say, “Wake up. I know it is not between 11pm and 1am, but I am toxic with this Parkinson’s, and I want to strengthen you and have you assist me with another cleansing of toxins. Thank you.” Then, doing the circles was to generate energy in the gallbladder meridian. I often had a difficult time pressing and massaging in circles, so I stimulated this point by either lowering my hand quickly and hitting the point with my palm, or rubbing my hands up and down or side to side, or even pressing with my fingertips.

When bending forward, I was stretching and pulling, and then releasing, the part of the gallbladder meridian that was running up my legs. When bending backwards, I would have been stretching and pulling, and then releasing, the part of the gallbladder meridian that was running up the sides and front of my body; however, my balance was poor, and I could not bend backwards. The idea of this Medical Qigong was to strengthen the meridian, strengthen my gallbladder, and assist in opening up blockages in the meridian. Sometimes this would cause my tremors to increase. However, my view of this was that as I was creating more energy flow in the meridian, it was causing tremors to increase because the energy (electricity) was hitting blockages. Also, although my balance was poor and I could not bend backwards…I still had a full recovery.

7. Put my hands on my knees, traced the bone down front of each leg, when reaching ankle, I lifted my hands and pointed my fingers at my toes. Then, I straightened back up. Looking at a liver meridian graphic would show that I was helping push energy down the meridian to remove blockages — I was tracing Liver Meridian points 7-4 before lifting my hands and pointing at my toes. This assisted in clearing blockages.

Repeated 1. through 7. sequence ten times. As explained earlier, it took a while for me to work up to ten, but I got there.”

Now that you have a deeper knowing that, “I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening,” we may elevate the affirmation to include:

I know I am doing the Recipe,
and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening

49 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and 2024…the year of knowing! part 4

2. W'Ren says:

• Helen says:

3. Calven C says:

5. Camilla W says:

Я знаю, что клетки моего мозга живы. Я знаю, что мой резервуар дофамина полон. Я знаю, что применяю Рецепт, и знаю, что мое выздоровление от болезни Паркинсона идет. Я знаю, что когда-нибудь в будущем я полностью выздоровею от болезни Паркинсона. Я необыкновенный. Я выздоравливаю. Я ПОБЕДИЛ! И Я ТОГО СТОИТ!!!

Ich weiß, dass meine Gehirnzellen heil sind.
    Ich weiß, dass mein Dopaminspeicher voll ist.
    Ich weiß, dass ich das Recipe for Recovery praktiziere, und ich weiß, dass meine Genesung von Parkinson auf dem besten Wege ist.
    Ich weiß, dass ich irgendwann in der Zukunft, vielleicht schon bald, vollständig von Parkinson genesen sein werde.
    Ich bin außergewöhnlich.
    Ich bin Genesung.
    Ich gewinne! Ich bin es wert zu genesen! Ich bin es absolut wert zu genesen!!!

Thank you, Howard!

24. Gail in Tennessee says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! 😘😘😘

30. Eileen says:

I’m brand new here. This is fascinating. It’s more than mind over matter. It’s mind AND matter. It’s asking my body to help me.
    Thanks so much howard

34. Scott R says:

There is a great joy in achieving what others deam impossible.

Leif Sverdrup

35. Gary says:

37. Jeff R says:

38. Simon B says:

40. Sue T-J in the UK says:

41. Sarah T says:

42. Kathy says:

43. Debra M says:

Well wishes to all ❤️ I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

45. Elaine says:

46. Debbie L says:

47. May says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!