Fighting Parkinson’s, and knowing you are recovery!

On January 1st, I posted that 2024 is the year of knowing. As we move forward together in 2024, I will help you elevate the “knowing” aspects of your recovery so that you may relax into knowing that your full recovery will occur some day in the future.

About a year ago, near the beginning of 2023, the year of change, I made a change on the blog comments. I encouraged a copying and pasting of specific affirmations. There was a method to my madness.

Years ago, I had learned that a first impression is powerful and that it takes consistent truthful information contrary to a first impression to “un-seat” the first impression and replace it with the truthful information. So, each week, the affirmations have been the same, except that I have inserted an extra affirmation applicable to the blog post of that day, put in the middle of the consistent affirmations.

The affirmations are truthful statements to help un-seat almost everybody’s first impression of Parkinson’s, which was: dead brain cells, depleted dopamine, cannot slow, cannot halt, cannot reverse, cannot cure, cannot win. For nearly a year, everybody on this blog has been reading the truthful contrary words, and some of you have been copying and pasting the truthful contrary words:

“My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!”

Today, we will take the next truthful affirmation and elevate it to a knowing that it is true!

I am recovery!

This is something to know deep inside. You are doing  the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®, so inside you, in each moment, you are the embodiment of recovery. That is your truth. That is your knowing.

I know I am recovery!

My truth, my knowing, was that as long as I was doing the Recipe, I was recovery. No matter what the symptoms looked like and no matter how poor the abilities became, I KNEW I was recovery.

I knew this because every day I chose the road less traveled and every day I had no plan B. Every day I did the Recipe to find balance in my life. And every day that I awoke with Parkinson’s still there, it was a reminder I still had more work to do. I knew I was recovery every day!

You can know this, too!!

Your “truth” is that if you taking medications or are not taking medications, AND, you are doing the Recipe, then you know you are recovery. Other people’s viewpoint may be that you cannot recover, that you are not recovery. Do not let their ill-informed thoughts fill you with self-doubt.

If you accept the other people’s opinions and stop doing the Recipe, and follow the conventional “symptoms treatment” for Parkinson’s only, then you will get the unhappy ending that their opinions expect you to get. If you give in to others’ opinions and give up on yourself, at the end of the journey, who is the one serving a life-sentence with Parkinson’s? You! Not them!

You are the one who knows how you are doing in your recovery. You are the one who knows the time you put in doing the physical, mental and spiritual parts of the Recipe. You are the one who experiences getting your sense of smell back, seeing improvement in urine and bowel issues, having indigestion disappear, having headaches and dizziness improve, and feeling more accepting and more grateful in your approach to life.

These are the things nobody can see healing inside you. These are some of the things that fuel your internal flame of truth and knowing:

I know I am recovery!

The question you need to ask yourself is this: When you are doing the Recipe and person after person says that you look worse and are getting worse and says, “why don’t you stop that Recipe nonsense and follow the conventional Parkinson’s treatment only,” do you give up the “truth” in your heart, the “truth” you know is real, the “truth” that you know you are getting better, and say, “Since all these people say I should stop the Recipe and follow the conventional Parkinson’s treatment only, maybe I should.”

Of course you do not. Why? Because you know in your heart that you are RECOVERY! That is KNOWING what is real.

That is how strongly you have to know the truth of your recovery.

Your faith in your recovery has to be more powerful than other people’s opinions about what you should be doing with the Parkinson’s!

I know I am recovery!

49 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and knowing you are recovery!

• Kirk D says:

4. Cicily says:

6. Simon B says:

know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

7. Christiane G from Germany says:

10. Daniel says:

11. Gail in Tennessee says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extra- ordinary. I know I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

20. Patricia H says:

23. Matt W says:

I know I am recovery!

24. W’Ren says:

Wow! The timing of this is perfect. You are truly a legend, my dear friend.

❤️I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! ❤️

Thank you, Howard!

28. Kathy says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! 😀😀

33. Joe A says:

35. Romana V says:

Vím, že moje mozkové buňky jsou živé. Vím, že můj dopaminový zásobník je plný. Vím, že dělám Recept, a vím, že mé uzdravení z Parkinsonovy choroby probíhá. Vím, že jednoho dne v budoucnu se plně zotavím z Parkinsonovy choroby. Vím, že jsem výjimečný. Vím, že se zotavuji. VYHRÁVÁM! A STOJÍM ZA TO!!!

I know I am recovery!

37. Hugh S says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!💗

43. Jonathan from Tidewater, Virginia says:

I KNOW I AM RECOVERY AND HAVING MY FULL RECOVERY RIGHT NOW! I SEE THE FINISH LINE!

46. Maree in Melbourne says:

47. Theresa T says:

This is great! I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

48. Ashwani D says: