Fighting Parkinson’s, and knowing you are worth it!

On January 1st, I posted that 2024 is the year of knowing. As we move forward together in 2024, I will help you elevate the “knowing” aspects of your recovery so that you may relax into knowing that your full recovery will occur some day in the future.

The affirmations that you have been copying and pasting from the end of the previous blog posts are truthful statements to help un-seat almost everybody’s first impression of Parkinson’s, which was: dead brain cells, depleted dopamine, cannot slow, cannot halt, cannot reverse, cannot cure, cannot win. For nearly a year, everybody on this blog has been reading the truthful contrary words, and some of you have been copying and pasting the truthful contrary words:

“My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!”

Today, we will take the last truthful affirmation and elevate it to a knowing that it is true!

I AM WORTH IT!

It is critical component of this recovery from Parkinson’s that you know you are worth it. It is such a critical component that I am re-posting a lengthy post below, and I ask that every one of you take your time and digest the words and feelings below. At the end of this blog post, I feel that every one of you will be able to say, unconditionally:

I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!

When your family, friends, or helpers are helping you, it serves them too. They feel love and compassion for you and they feel the joy of being able to assist you because you are their friend and you need their help. It is no different than how each and every one of you would act if the roles were switched. Keep accepting that you are worthy and deserving of their assistance. Make this your new habit as well. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

Many people explained to me that they simply could not accept the assistance without feeling worse about themselves. Mostly it was because they were used to doing for others, and with the Parkinson’s they felt they had nothing to offer others (especially nothing to offer in return to those who were assisting them), so the assistance just made them feel worse about themselves.

I explained to them that I suffered in the same way. It had been over six years [over 13 years now] since I had thought about a conversation that Sally and I had regarding this topic. She sat me down and asked if she had said or done anything that made me feel like it bothered her to be assisting me with certain things around the house.

I told her of course not and that I was quite grateful for the things she and our children were doing to assist me. She then pointed out to me something that I had been doing but was completely unaware. Sally told me that when she or our children were assisting me with things around the house, I was apologizing to them that they had to help me. She pointed out to me that they were assisting me because they loved me and that I needed to figure out whatever was my issue because I needed their assistance but I was making them feel badly when they helped me.

After a lot of soul-searching, I realized that I felt unworthy of their love. I was the one who was supposed to be doing for them and I was failing them. How unfair it was to them that I had Parkinson’s. I didn’t even like myself enough to feel compassion for myself about the Parkinson’s, but only to feel how unfair it was for them. I remember thinking, “This is not the life they signed up for, me with Parkinson’s.”

Sally is the wisest, most compassionate soul to have graced my life, so I heard her words and took them to heart. At first, it was quite difficult, but I responded to assistance from Sally and our children with “Thank you” or “Thank you. I love you” or “Thank you. I love you, too.” It was healing for all of us.

I have cried with quite a few people this last week who are experiencing the same situation that I had experienced, and three who told me that their spouse or significant other has had a very similar conversation with them as the one Sally had with me.

I was discussing this with Sally a few days ago and she told me that she loved me so much and I was such a special person to her that it was very painful for her to see that I was struggling so much with even being able to like myself. As you all know, I eventually got all of this worked out and learned to love myself and to know that I am worthy.

On that note, I feel compelled to tell all of you one of the most important things you need to know about yourselves:

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU!

Yes, you have Parkinson’s physical symptoms.
Yes, you have an adrenaline-driven over-thinking Parkinson’s mind.
Yes, the Parkinson’s physical symptoms and the adrenaline-driven over-thinking Parkinson’s mind have polluted you with so much toxicity that your beautiful, radiant, abundantly healthy, joyful, loving, compassionate, forgiving, grateful soul is covered up with Parkinson’s toxicity.

However, the Parkinson’s body and mind toxicity never permeate your soul, the real you. So let’s be clear one more time:

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU!

In your soul:

You are abundant health. You are allowed to be abundantly healthy.
You are joy. You are allowed to be joyful.
You are gratitude. You are allowed to be grateful.
You are happiness. You are allowed to be happy.
You are love. You are allowed to be loving.
You are forgiveness. You are allowed to be forgiving.
You are compassion. You are allowed to be compassionate.

You are special just because you exist. That’s right. You need to accept this. You are special just because you exist. Your achievements, attainments, performance, and successes, they are icing on the cake. You are the cake, your heart and soul, perfectly baked just because you exist, uniquely you. And, a perfectly baked cake doesn’t need any icing at all. It is gloriously radiant all by itself.

Your mind has you confused, and it has hypnotized you into thinking that if you are in a physical position where you cannot maintain your level of achievements, attainments, performance, and successes that you no longer are special and that you are worthless. This is the battleground where you have to un-hypnotize yourself by combatting your mind with the truth of the following affirmations to be repeated again and again and again until your mind waves the white flag and surrenders.

Okay! Everybody together so that we rock the world:

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME!
I am abundant health. I am allowed to be abundantly healthy.
I am joy. I am allowed to be joyful.
I am gratitude. I am allowed to be grateful.
I am happiness. I am allowed to be happy.
I am love. I am allowed to be loving.
I am forgiveness. I am allowed to be forgiving.
I am compassion. I am allowed to be compassionate.

I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!

42 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and knowing you are worth it!

3. Karen S says:

4. Cicily says:

5. Carol A. says:

10. Kevin B says:

11. Gail in Tennessee says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! 💗

13. Brett says:

AMEN! GOD IS HEALING US ALL!

24. Kathy says:

May we all find the courage to love ourselves and heAl ❤️

30. Romana V says:

Vím, že moje mozkové buňky jsou živé. Vím, že můj dopaminový zásobník je plný. Vím, že dělám Recept, a vím, že mé uzdravení z Parkinsonovy choroby probíhá. Vím, že jednoho dne v budoucnu se plně zotavím z Parkinsonovy choroby. Vím, že jsem výjimečný. Vím, že se zotavuji. VÍM, ŽE VYHRÁVÁM! A VÍM, ŽE ZA TO STOJÍM!!!
    Potřebuji to napsat celé. Děkuji moc.
    R.V.

31. Roni A says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! 🌟

34. Maree says:

Love and blessings to everyone

38. Jonathan in Tidewater Virginia says:

40. Ola says:

Thank you Howard! I am grateful!

Thank you Howard, it touched my soul. 💗