Fighting Parkinson’s, and I am looking forward to…, part 2

In part 1, I explained, “When you think of the introductory phrase, “I am looking forward to” and you review when in life you have used this phrase, almost always, it is used to express excitement about something in the future that you know will occur.” Today we will discuss how positive action on your part is necessary to bring it to fruition.

I gave this example two weeks ago: A concert is nearly sold out and you are able to get tickets. This prompts, “I am looking forward to going to the concert.” On the day of the concert, it is necessary for you to take positive action to manifest the enjoyment of the concert:
You need to get dressed and get ready to go.
You need to drive or take transportation to the concert venue.
You need to get out of the vehicle and go into the venue.
You need to find your seat and sit down.

Now, you are ready to enjoy the concert.

Without the action, you have looked forward to the concert and known that with the tickets purchased, you had the potential to enjoy the concert. However, without positive action, you will not bring to fruition what you already had the potential to experience.

Let’s put this into the Parkinson’s recovery. The Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery® is the positive action you get to take to bring your life back into balance, soul, mind, and body…this opens the space to allow the Parkinson’s recovery inside you to rise up and greet you. Here are some quotes to help express the point.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky, Hockey Master
(If you do not take positive action, then you do not get what you already had the potential to experience).

“Do or do not, there is no try.” Yoda, The Force Master
(Instead of thinking about taking positive action or “trying” to take positive action, do the positive action without judging how you used to do it in the past).

“If you want to know if a pear is sweet, taste it.” Zhi Gang Sha, Eastern and Western Medical Doctor, and Spiritual Master
(Taking positive action moves you to bringing into fruition the joyful ending you desire).

“Faith without action is meaningless in Parkinson’s recovery.” Howard Shifke, cured of Parkinson’s since June 12, 2010
(Faith gives you the knowing: “I am looking forward to my full recovery from Parkinson’s.” The positive action of doing the Recipe allows the Parkinson’s recovery inside you to rise up and greet you).

Faith. Knowing Parkinson’s is curable.

Attitude. Having a “can do” attitude.

Action. Taking positive action by doing the Recipe.

Progress. Seeing your healing taking place from the inside out.

Cure. Knowing Parkinson’s is curable, and that by taking positive action, you are bringing to fruition the Parkinson’s recovery potential that already exists within you.

Faith. Attitude. Action. Progress. Cure. Be your own cure.

Okay! What positive action have you taken in the last week to bring to fruition your full recovery from Parkinson’s?

Please post a comment below by copying and pasting these words. If you wish to add what positive action you have taken in the last week, then also copy and paste under the “knowing affirmations” the additional phrase “I took the following positive action in the last week…” and add what that action was after the affirmations phrase:

Final Note: For those of you who missed last week’s blog post, we have had another full recovery by one of the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery Warriors, Gail W. Click here to read the blog post.

40 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and I am looking forward to…, part 2

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: I accepted a situation that came up, enabling me to follow my heart and trust what the universe gave me. Wow, it’s more fun this way.

2. Lisa H says:

I quieted my mind with a guided meditation and did some deep breathing from my diaphragm.

I saw an old friend this week I had not seen in over a year. We took a beautiful, 6 mile walk along the lake! It was so joyous and seamless and full of love and laughter. Fully accepting each moment, as it is given to me, is such a blessing, and the way I choose to live my life for the rest of my life.! ❤️

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! I took action by staying positive and to keep chipping away with action 😀😀😀😀

Grateful to have taken a trip with my girlfriends, walking the beach in the warm weather . It was so beautiful to have the sun on my skin. Living my best life and accepting that I am whole even in a Parkinson’s body.

I know my brain cells are alive I know my dopamine reservoir is full I know I’m doing the recipe I know my recovery from Parkinsons is happening. I know that someday in the future I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s I know I am extraordinary I know I am recovery I know I am winning and I know I am worth it-I took action by doing mirror work and saying out loud that I am recovering from Parkinson’s and I am worth it. Thank you .

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, maybe today, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: Discussed better posture at the piano with an occupational therapist and started working on it. Added more exercise to help my body become stronger and more flexible. Changed the time I do the Recipe from evening to morning.

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: I did the Recipe everyday; I wrote my gratitude for so many blessings in my life; I snowshoed with my husband; and every time I got discouraged, I recommitted over and over, that I am staying on the path toward the finish line.

10. Wendy says:

I gave my commitment to do the recipe with positive actions.

12. Tatiana L. says:

I do the Recipe every day in a morning, afternoon and evening. I walk my dog even if it is hard for me sometimes.

• Jeanne R says:

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: I recommitted to breathing and visualizing the best I can do.

I know by brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

I told two people with PD (we share an exercise class for persons with PD) about the Recipe and encouraged them to read Howard’s book and join the blog.

I have included dance aerobics in my daily program and do it as my well-being allows me.

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: Even I was doing our Recipe for 2 years, I have taken last month medication
    because l found difficulty to cope with our simple Qikong exercises and daily tasks like driving, walking and wearing alone my clothes. Last 3 weeks and particularlylast week, I took advantage of the artificial dopamine to further wake up my natural dopamine by doing fully our Recipe. I have not lost either my hope and faith to the natural way, or my faith and hope to the progress and cure the natural dopamine can produce to us, through our Recipe ! Thank you Howard!

19. Gary W says:

I am looking forward the day I reach FULL RECOVERY from my Parkinson’s Symptoms!

This week I took action by facing some fears I was holding onto and letting them go afterwards I felt lighter and an increased inward calm -Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

21. Karen S says:

I was able to walk without my cane and walking faster and better with more steadiness.
    Thank You.

22. Mary Ellen T says:

23. Bruce says:

I do daily meditation, write out what I’m grateful for and read my affirmations.
    Thought I’d share a couple with you:
    I know in my soul, in my essence that I’m fully committed to my lifelong journey to being my genuine me. This includes deeply tending to my health – mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
    This creates a life in balance where Parkinson’s releases and I no longer need or have any of the symptoms.

Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who I am

I try my best and my best is good enough

I choose to live in emotional heaven

Happiness is a moral obligation

Do the compassionate thing for me first

I went on my daily walk to get exercise and commune with nature.

I did the Recipe each day. I gave gratitude for the many blessings in my life. I calmed my mind while driving on a 5 hour trip that had traffic back ups.

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: every time fear and darkness tried to enter my being I began giving thanks for everything around me right down to each step that I took. I will continue doing this until I am cured! ❤️

I was unable to do my exercises when I usually do (but felt very determined not to skip them if at all possible). I did them at 1:00 in the morning & surprisingly felt very energetic. (I slept prior from 10:00 pm -1:00 am.)

29. Gail from Tennessee says:

I AM RECOVERY!

I continue to work on calming my mind – replacing anger and resentment with love and gratitude – knowing God is in control.

Love, blessings and prayers for everyone to have a full recovery very soon!

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: Doing the recipe daily.
    Filling my day with faith affirming prayer, literature and people.
    Handing over F.E.A.R to God a lot

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: I have now started writing what I am grateful for daily. I am doing my recipe morning & evening.

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: I re-connected with a girlfriend I haven’t seen in 14 years! And it was splendid – we talked and talked the morning away.
    And I got back into meditating daily again

We had a great Easter dinner with my family. Plenty of laughs and food !

36. Kim O says:

I continue to work on mind, body and spirit healing. Recently purchased the book “Not Always So”. Believing when I feel weak, fighting the Parkinsons mind by prayer and positive affirmations. Qigong/Exercising, mindful and healthier food choices. Challenged a few friends with a 3 month challenge (April-June) to exercise, make healthier food choices and a daily positive affirmation. I continue to strength my commitment to the Recipe for recovery! Thank You Howard for your commitment and sharing HOPE!
    Blessings to you and your family and that you had a wonderful Easter

37. Andrea A says:

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: I surrender to God and do a daily recovery session.

38. Jonathan from Tidewater, Virginia says:

I did what I have been doing each week and that is the recipe and living my life with intention.

I took the following action in the last week to bring to fruition my full recovery: although I thought it would be beyond my capabilities I came out of my pd shell and had friends round for my birthday (April 1st, really!) and had great time!