Fighting Parkinson’s, and hope and faith, plus taking positive action

I will be the first one to acknowledge that fighting Parkinson’s requires a lot of hope and a lot of faith. However, I also will be the first one to tell you that no matter how much hope and faith you have in your recovery, hope and faith without positive action are meaningless in Parkinson’s recovery.

Think about this:
1. If you hope to pass a test in a subject where you have no previous knowledge and you have faith in yourself, but you never study and learn the material, what is your chance of success?
2. If you stand at the Par 3 tee and hope for a hole-in-one and have faith in your ability to make a hole-in-one, but you do not swing the club, what is your chance of success?
3. If you hope for a bullseye and have faith in your ability to make a bullseye, but you do not take the arrow out of the quiver, place it in the bow, pull it back, aim and let go, what is your chance of success?

You need positive action to bring your hope and faith to fruition.

Think about this:
1. If you hope to pass a test in a subject where you have no previous knowledge and you have faith in yourself, and you study for 5 minutes, what is your chance of success?
2. If you stand at the Par 3 tee and hope for a hole-in-one and have faith in your ability to make a hole-in-one, and it is the first time you have hit a golf ball, and you hit only 1 ball, what is your chance of success?
3. If you hope for a bullseye and have faith in your ability to make a bullseye, and you take the arrow out of the quiver, place it in the bow, pull it back, aim and let go 1 time, what is your chance of success?

You need positive action to bring your hope and faith to fruition.

Think about this:
1. If you hope to pass a test in a subject where you have no previous knowledge and you have faith in yourself, and you study every day for one hour for a few months leading up to the test, what is your chance of success?
2. If you stand at the Par 3 tee and hope for a hole-in-one and have faith in your ability to make a hole-in-one, and you have taken golf lessons and hit an hour’s worth of balls from that tee to that hole every day for a few months, what is your chance of success?
3. If you hope for a bullseye and have faith in your ability to make a bullseye, and you take the arrow out of the quiver, place it in the bow, pull it back, aim and let go, and you practice an hour a day for a few months, what is your chance of success?

You need positive action to bring your hope and faith to fruition…continuing, repetitive positive action. Action is success, in and of itself.

As Shunryu Suzuki says in Not Always So, a bullseye is the result of 99 misses. Hope and faith are the things that get you coming back day after day after day and doing the positive action, which increases your hope and faith that you will be successful, which increases the vigor with which you perform your positive actions.

The saying from Dan Millman that sat next to my computer screen for years said, “We can control efforts, not outcomes.” I agree with this. However, I have found that although I may not be able to “control” the outcome, the more I stay focused on positive efforts and the more I repeat them them with the hope and the faith of a desired outcome, the more likely I am to be successful with the desired outcome.

I knew I would recover from Parkinson’s and every day I controlled my efforts by taking positive action in furtherance of my recovery. I had hope and I had faith, and they were the fuel that ignited my undying positive action and my passion to succeed.

Repeat this phrase, “I have the power to heal myself.” Okay! Now, put it into positive action with your best efforts. Believe in yourself and your recovery.

Control your efforts with positive action. The soul, mind, and body recovery protocol of the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery® was the positive action I took in my recovery. How about you? The success is in the doing.

52 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and hope and faith, plus taking positive action

And I did have a hole in one in 2000 during league play!

3. Jade says:

The soul, mind, and body recovery protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery. I am aware of my recovery every minute.

Here we go, Rockstars!

7. Lisa H says:

• Brita says:

12. Aletta W says:

15. Santosh says:

16. Helle says:

18. Laini says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! 👍

The soul, mind and body recovery protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery.

I know that my brain cells are alive. I know that my dopamine reservoir is full. I know that I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that someday in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

23. Ann says:

28. Karen S says:

29. Carol A. says:

Today marks 492 days since I began the recipe. I can honestly say I did not allow one day to go by without taking action. This post makes me realize this cyclical nature of what we are doing. Action feeds the fires of Hope and Faith. The brighter these fires burn, the more action they inspire! Thank you Howard
    Good luck to all the warriors! ❤️

• Helen says:

Thank you, Howard. The soul, mind, and body recovery protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery.

32. W'Ren says:

This is a great blog post Howard. One of your best. Well done and thankyou.

I HAVE WON!

35. Jonathan in Tidewater Virginia says:

37. Colette Q says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I knowmy recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

41. Ava says:

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! 🥰

44. Gary Wa says:

46. Sydney C says:

47. Kim O says:

Awesome Blog! And I needed this message!

48. Svetla T says: