Fighting Parkinson’s, and hope and faith, plus taking positive action, part 2

In my previous post, I discussed why hope and faith without positive action are meaningless in Parkinson’s recovery. In that post, I discussed the positive action of the body. Today I am discussing the positive action of the mind.

The best way I can demonstrate for you what it is like to experience pain and then to take action in a positive way in your mind is to share with you exactly what was happening in my mind when I had Parkinson’s and was experiencing pain.

Here is Fighting Parkinson’s, It fights me back, posted May 2, 2010, fourteen years ago when I had Parkinson’s and had been doing the Recipe for a little over 7 months:

“I got out of bed yesterday morning and had to sit down on the floor for a while because my hips and lower back hurt. The pain was greater than the usual achiness I experience when first getting out of bed. I went to the living room and sat in a chair so I could close my eyes and focus on the pain.

Odd as this might sound, I find pain to be good for me. The first reason is that in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), pain often is related to releasing of toxins…that is what I meant in my title…I am fighting Parkinson’s and it is fighting me back. The second reason I find pain to be good for me is that most of the time I feel nothing. At my skin’s surface level, I do not feel if I scratch or cut myself, mosquito bites do not itch, and I cannot differentiate hot and cold until the sensation penetrates below the surface level. Pain lets me know my nerve endings are working, so I welcome pain even though it is a double-edged sword.

As I focused on the pain and noticed three other places where I felt pain: 1. The right edge of the nail of my big toe on my right foot; 2. The outer part of the knee area of my right leg; and 3. The base of my left thumb toward the webbing between the thumb and forefinger. Sally and I looked in the Integrative Acupressure book and the pain related to exact acupressure points on the liver, gallbladder and large intestine meridians.

Those are the three organs on which I have been focused with my dietary considerations and Qi Gong exercises. So, I am going to view the pain as a result of progress in those areas and continue doing what I am doing. I woke up with the same hips and lower back pain this morning, but not the other three. Fighting Parkinson’s comes in small steps, sometimes one step forward and half-a-step backwards.

Howard”

Please consider these words very carefully:

“I am going to view the pain as a result of progress in those areas and continue doing what I am doing.” That is the Recipe’s positive action of the mind in full force in this recovery. I had hope and faith, and I took positive action to quiet any fear of the mind and said that I was going to “view the pain as a result of progress…and continue doing what I am doing.”

Hope and faith without positive action are meaningless in Parkinson’s recovery. I knew that doing the physical part of the Recipe was going to result in pain and discomfort. Even though I had hope and faith in my recovery, they would have been meaningless without the positive action of the mind to choose to view the pain as a result of progress and to continue doing the Recipe. That is exactly why it worked.

My Parkinson’s body was a rigid, out-of-balance, twisted mess. My expectation was that for it to become a flexible, in-balance, straightened healthy body, there would be some pain and discomfort involved in the recovery. To me, this made sense. So, when pain arrived, instead of having fear, I took the positive mind action and thought “Good, I must be making progress.”

Is that hope? Yes.
Is that faith? Yes.
Is that taking positive action to quiet fear from the mind? Yes.
Did that result in a full recovery from Parkinson’s? Absolutely yes!

Okay! Now grab onto the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery® and take positive action to quiet fear from your mind in your recovery.

The soul, mind, and body recovery protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery. Today, I am quieting fear with positive mind action.

42 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and hope and faith, plus taking positive action, part 2

1. Karen S says:

6. W'Ren says:

OH YEAH!!!

7. Carol A says:

We are worth it! ❤️

11. Jim B says:

20. Lisa H says:

• Rosalie says:

The soul, mind and body recovery protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery. Today, I am quieting fear with positive mind action.

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that someday in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extra ordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING AND I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

22. Colette Q says:

The soul, mind and body recovery protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery. Today I am quieting fear with positive mind action.

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from parkinson is happening. I know that someday in the future , I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extra ordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING AND I KNOW I AM WORTH IT,

Colette from France

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! 🙂

30. Jamie S says:

31. Maree says:

Thanks Howard

33. Sydney C says:

The soul mind and body recovery protocol Of the recipe is positive action I am taking my recovery today, I am quieting fear with positive mind action.

I know my brain cells are alive And active I know that my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the recipe and that my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future I will have full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery and I am worth it. I know I am winning.

36. Jonathan in Tidewater says: