Fighting Parkinson’s, and hope and faith, plus taking positive action, part 3

In my previous two posts, I discussed why hope and faith without positive action are meaningless in Parkinson’s recovery. I discussed the positive action of the body and the mind. Today I am discussing the positive action of the soul.

One of the most powerful positive actions of the soul that I took in my recovery was gratitude. Let’s focus on gratitude as the positive action you can take as well with a reminder excerpted from a blog post from last year.

In my book, Fighting Parkinson’s…and Winning, the last section of Part Two of the book is entitled, “And then I found gratitude which helped me finish my full recovery.” It is on pages 113-121 in the book. It is a big focus on the soul healing contained in the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®.

One of my favorite gratitude practices that helped me get back my healthy movement is what I refer to as “Gratitude in Advance.” It is giving gratitude for what one already has: the soul healing (the soul does not have Parkinson’s), the mind healing (no complaining from the mind in the face of gratitude), and the body healing (the gratitude encourages the body to perform the movements announced in the expression of gratitude).

Gratitude in Advance looks like this:

“Thank you. I am walking.” And then you take a step and walk without judging the quality of the walking.
“Thank you. I am drinking a glass of water.” And then, pick up the glass and drink without judging the difficulty, or shaking, or stiffness involved in the execution of the movement.

Your turn:
“Thank you. I am _______.” And then do, without judgment, whatever you put in the blank.

Here is a special video that will take no more than a 5-minute commitment from you to watch it, listen to the messages, and elevate your gratitude.

Let’s be grateful for each day of this life and for each other!

45 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and hope and faith, plus taking positive action, part 3

3. Karen S says:

Tomorrow I go to Duke Movement clinic in NC and I hope to be told that am Parkinson Free.

6. Anil says:

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am grateful for my life and for sharing it with all of you on this recovery journey. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!! Great post, thank you Howard 😀 just what l needed

I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

15. Lisa H says:

16. Mary Ellen T says:

The soul, body and mind protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery. Today, I am elevating my soul healing with the positive soul action of gratitude.

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe ecipe and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am grateful for my life and for sharing it with all of you on this recovery journey. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!

26. Gary W says:

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am grateful for my life and for sharing it with all of you on this recovery journey. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING! AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!!

¡Excellente Howard!

28. Debbie says:

31. Laini says:

32. Maree says:

Thanks Howard I appreciate your advice.

33. Scott R says:

My rain cells are alive. My dopamine is full and I feel that am working on total recovery. I have been told “you can’t fight Parkinson’s,” but remember the saying “There is great joy in doing and completing what others say is impossible.”

When fear knocked on the door, faith answered, and fear was gone. Have faith and you will be victorious!

Thank you Howard for your inspiration and kindness!
    The soul, mind and body recovery protocol of the recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery.
    Today, I am elevating My soul Healing with positive So action of gratitude.
    I know, brain cells are alive and active. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the recipe my Recovery from Parkinson’s is happening I am grateful for my life and for sharing it with all of you on this recovery journey. I am extraordinary I am winning and I am Worth it.

The soul, mind, and body recovery protocol of the Recipe is the positive action I am taking in my recovery. Today, I am elevating my soul healing with the positive soul action of gratitude. ❤️

36. Matt W. says:

Thank you Howard a truly uplifting and motivational video.

40. Sushil K says:

My brain cells are alive. My dopamine reservoir is full. I am doing the Recipe, and my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I am grateful for my life and for sharing it with all of you on this recovery journey. I am extraordinary. I am recovery. I AM WINNING!⁴ AND, I AM WORTH IT!!!