Fighting Parkinson’s, and reconnecting to nature

When I had Parkinson’s, I realized that I had become disconnected from nature. Today’s blog post features a simple thing I did on my journey to reconnect with nature.

Whether you have thought about it in a while or not does not matter, but we have a very unique connection to nature — the plants and tress need our carbon dioxide to breathe, and we need their oxygen to breathe — together, we share life.

Here is one thing I did to re-connect with nature:

1. After you have an inhale, start to focus on your exhale, but think of it as service. As the breath is leaving you, offer it as serving nature with a gift of life’s breath to all of the plants and trees that need your carbon dioxide.

2. Then, do not “take” a breath on the next inhale, but instead, receive the inhale with gratitude for Mother Nature’s plants and trees providing you a gift of life’s breath of oxygen that you need.

Serve nature on the exhale, and receive the gift from nature on the inhale. Reconnect to your relationship with nature.

That’s it!

40 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and reconnecting to nature

• Sakina K says:

5. Jeanne Rafdal says:

11. Helle says:

12. Sandy says:

I am reconnecting with nature through my breathing.

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! 🙂

I am reconnecting with nature through my breathing.

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that someday in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I Know I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

18. Jonathan from Tidewater Virginia says:

21. Karen S. says:

22. Mary Ellen says:

25. Colette Q says:

I am reconnecting with Nature through my breathing.

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the recipe and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING AN I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!

29. Gary Wo says:

I am reconnecting with nature through my breathing.

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH It! Gary Woodroof

30. Gary Wo says:

Thank you Howard for all the encouragement and support!!! Gary

33. Monika says:

35. Bruce says:

I went in to see my neurologist today for my third 6 month “checkup” and almost had to laugh.
    I was diagnosed 18 months ago and don’t take any medication.
    Through the recipe, meditation, loving family and friends and Howard’s coaching, I’m well on my way to full recovery and have made good progress. In my visit today, he did the usual subjective tests and looked at me and said something to the effect of “this doesn’t make sense, you’re not supposed to be getting better”. He then started to say the symptoms might be related to something else.

My wife, who is a general surgeon and was with me said after we left “that was fascinating to see him not accept I could/was getting better and how he pivoted to something else because reality didn’t fit his whole paradigm”.

We need to keep the faith in the process/journey and in ourselves!

All the best,
    Bruce

• Wyatt W says:

Ha ha way to go! That must’ve felt great. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

• Margaret says:

Bruce, this is great news so happy for you and the whole tribe of warriors – so inspiring! Wonder what he’s going to say when you march in there with your full recovery???? You are an inspiration to all of us!
      Best of luck!