Fighting Parkinson’s, and every day is a good day, part 2

Last week, I wrote about every day being a good day as we are here and we are alive. Today, we take the good days theme and expound on it to a higher mental and spiritual awareness.

Sometimes, a coaching session will have this type of conversation:

Them: “Howard, in the last week, I had four good days, two bad days, and one good day.”
Me: “Congratulations on the good days. That must feel nice. Please tell me what made the bad days designated as bad days.”
Them: “On the bad days, I was slower, stiffer, shakier, and my overall energy was low.”
Me: “Was the one good day at the end similar to the four good days at the beginning?”
Them: “Yes.”
Me: “Here is how I see it: During the four good days, your faith was good, your attitude was good, and you ability to earnestly do the physical part of the Recipe was good. As a result of the four good days digging deeper into the toxicity in your body, the two days that you call bad days were actually healing days. After your hard work and dedication to the Recipe unearthed a deeper level of toxicity, your body had to work very hard to filter and remove the toxins from your body. So, you actually had four good days, two great days, and one good day. Congratulations on this grand success.”

There are no bad days! If you want a comparison in this recovery, it is very simple: If you are doing the soul, mind, and body healing of the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®, then you are healing every day. Therefore, there are good days and there are healing days, which also are good days as they are necessary for your recovery.

Although the healing days may feel uncomfortable, they are healing days nonetheless. If anything “bad” was happening, then the good day at the end would not have returned.

Please take this concept deeply in your heart and soul. It will serve as salve to put on your healing days and help you understand that all the days are good days.

I am here. I am alive. I am doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®. Even if today is a healing day, today is a good day!

48 Responses to Fighting Parkinson’s, and every day is a good day, part 2

I am here. I am alive. I am doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®. Even if today is a healing day, today is a good day!

6. Gary Wo says:

7. Yiannis says:

10. Brett says:

11. Sandy says:

12. Janeen H. says:

Also,
    My new mantra to my husband:
    IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU’RE FEELING, YOU’RE HEALING ❤️‍🩹

13. Mary Ellen says:

14. Anne M says:

16. Waseema says:

22. Sue says:

23. Mark - PA says:

Hello fellow travellers on this journey of healing. It is reassuring to know we are all doing this together.

24. Lesa says:

Wonderful words of wisdom Howard!

26. DeAnna says:

Thank you Janeen H. for your wonderful insight:
    “IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU’RE FEELING, YOU’RE HEALING”
    Indeed!

And much gratitude, Howard, for your continued wise tweaking of how things Look, to what they actually Mean, in a deeper level…

Thank you all, we are ALL worth it!

28. Helle says:

I am here. I am alive. I am doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery. Even if today is a healing day, today is a good day!

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery rom Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

33. Brita from Switzerland says:

Thank you Howard, your words arrived to the right time and help me to undertand accept my bad days :-) .

I am here. I am alive. I am doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery. Even if today is a healing day, today is a good day.

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know that my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that someday in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!!

I know my brain cells are alive. I know my dopamine reservoir is full. I know I am doing the Recipe, and I know my recovery from Parkinson’s is happening. I know that some day in the future, I will be having a full recovery from Parkinson’s. I know I am extraordinary. I know I am recovery. I KNOW I AM WINNING! AND, I KNOW I AM WORTH IT!!! 🌟

38. Maree says:

Thanks Howard
    Love to everyone

39. Jamie S says:

I give my body permission to heal!

40. Santosh K says:

43. Lise Marita says:

I am here. I am alive. I am doing the Parkinson’s Recipe for Recovery®. If today is a healing day, today is a good day! I am so thankful for healing, and I thank my body for doing a fantastic job ❤️

45. Matt says:

Great stuff, Howard! I thought I’d share with the community what you shared with me when I asked about why I felt worse instead of better. You called it cleaning the pool, which made a lot of sense to me. I think that’s a great analogy. You talk about it at this place in your blog.

Fighting Parkinson’s, and more on cleaning the pool
    Posted on August 14, 2012 by Howard